Skip to main content

Hit the reset button

This morning I lost 3 month's worth of work! Over 20 ideas for weekly blog posts gone!

As I frantically tried to erase my mistake I heard the buzzing of Faith's alarm clock, moderate at first, but quickly building to an annoyingly frantic cadence. The alarm clock matched my frazzled spirit, as I searched the web in desperation trying to figure out how to recover my mistake.

Unable to hear myself think I bolted into Faith's room and hit the snooze button....then without warning or intent, turned off the alarm.

As you begin your fitness journey or take it to the next level, you will encounter disappointments. The question is not "if" but "when".  When that happens, allow
 God's peace to cover you. Philippians 4:7 encourages us to allow the peace of God which transcends all understanding to cover our hearts and minds. 

As I stood looking at my daughter's Hello Kitty alarm clock, the tug of her hand on mine broke my trance. I hugged and kissed Faith and started my day.

Don't lament or beat yourself up when disappointments happen, hit the re-set button...and allow God's peace to cover. 


Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One for the memory books

Hi ladies. This week has been one for the memory books. This week's focus in my 90-day journal is on health. Monday was about feeding our families healthy food. That day I learned Faith has high cholesterol. Tuesday was about limiting sugar and the author spoke about a condition called hypoglycemia. When I read the symptoms, it explained my anxiety and overall "feeling" lately. Wednesday God revealed I ran from my doctor in 2017 and never had my physical. I knew I needed to lose weight and had failed to do so. When I read my lab results from November 2016, I was pre-diabetic and had high LDL cholesterol (although total cholesterol was normal) Subconsciously I blocked that out. Moreover, I have symptoms of kidney problems, too much protein in urine (sorry to be graphic) and bumps on my back indicative of possible kidney issues. Needless to say, I'm numb! Truthfully, my stress levels and sugar intake have been off the chart the past 2 years. Luther has been strugglin

The Purple Cow

On March 5, 2014, one of my favorite restaurants will close. The food wasn't fancy - burgers and fries. The decor was a throw-back to the 1950's, with lavender vinyl chairs and over sized booths with cracks in the fabric. You know the type, cushions that stick to your skin during the summer, leaving temporary marks on the backs of your thighs.  But what I remember most is the place was always rockin'. Jukebox oldies commingled with laughing kids, creating the perfect family dining experience. Thanks to the Holy Spirit, I had the privilege of eating at the Purple Cow 1-day before it closed. In His small still voice, the Holy Spirit led me there. Normally I try to figure out why I'm being directed to go here or there, but that day, I just yielded to His direction. I was astonished when the young waiter said, "I'm so glad you came in, tomorrow is our last day". Are you listening for the Holy Spirit in your life? Unlike the ring tone on your cell phone, th

Here and There

You've probably heard the expression, "neither here nor there". It means of no consequence either one way or the other. This weekend I had the opportunity to be both here and there and the consequence was monumental. A friend's father passed away and the funeral was in Houston on Saturday; the same day as a women's conference at church (in Dallas) that I had been looking forward to attending for weeks. My soul thirsted to be in the presence of fellow female believers, and my heart wanted to support my friend. Which should I chose? To my surprise the Lord said "both". I flew to Houston Friday night and helped my friend assemble the programs for her father's services. She's a "craft" girl so the homemade programs reflected her father's exquisite taste in culture and provided a memorable reflection of who he was, and who she is as his beloved daughter. We finished assembling the programs as the hearse drove up to take us to the servic