Skip to main content

One for the memory books

Hi ladies. This week has been one for the memory books. This week's focus in my 90-day journal is on health. Monday was about feeding our families healthy food. That day I learned Faith has high cholesterol. Tuesday was about limiting sugar and the author spoke about a condition called hypoglycemia. When I read the symptoms, it explained my anxiety and overall "feeling" lately. Wednesday God revealed I ran from my doctor in 2017 and never had my physical. I knew I needed to lose weight and had failed to do so. When I read my lab results from November 2016, I was pre-diabetic and had high LDL cholesterol (although total cholesterol was normal) Subconsciously I blocked that out. Moreover, I have symptoms of kidney problems, too much protein in urine (sorry to be graphic) and bumps on my back indicative of possible kidney issues. Needless to say, I'm numb! Truthfully, my stress levels and sugar intake have been off the chart the past 2 years. Luther has been struggling with gastrointestinal issues since summer 2014 and work stress. He tends to brood so that vibe caused lots of heaviness. Faith has been struggling with adoption issues. My escape was food. I ate so much Nothing Bundt Cake in 2017 you’d think I was a founding member trying to preserve my stock options! I didn't trust God. I ate from the king's table and became a glutton - even though the world said "you look fine". I knew. My body knew. And most importantly...God knew. That's the tough news...and it's hard to admit I did this to myself and my baby (Faith). She is with me so much; she ate CRAP along with me! I'm in the process of forgiving myself. It will come, it's just raw right now. Here's the praise report. With God's help, I'm going to BEAT THIS and restore everything to normal levels. I’ve lost 5 ½ pounds in the past two weeks. I have another 14lbs to go. I’m eating 80% fruit and veggies and have nixed all processed food, packaged food, sugar, beef and pork. Even my birthday, January 17, will be cake free! That's a 1st in almost 51 years! I’m trusting God will deliver me as I do my part. Please pray for God’s strength to propel me forward. Much love... __________________________________________________________________________________________ Taken from email to ladies in my community group on January 12, 2018.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here and There

You've probably heard the expression, "neither here nor there". It means of no consequence either one way or the other. This weekend I had the opportunity to be both here and there and the consequence was monumental. A friend's father passed away and the funeral was in Houston on Saturday; the same day as a women's conference at church (in Dallas) that I had been looking forward to attending for weeks. My soul thirsted to be in the presence of fellow female believers, and my heart wanted to support my friend. Which should I chose? To my surprise the Lord said "both". I flew to Houston Friday night and helped my friend assemble the programs for her father's services. She's a "craft" girl so the homemade programs reflected her father's exquisite taste in culture and provided a memorable reflection of who he was, and who she is as his beloved daughter. We finished assembling the programs as the hearse drove up to take us to the servic

Dealing with discouragement

I've been trying to loose weight for a while. Nothing major, but I do need to loose 10-12 pounds. It's true what "they" say, as you get older it gets MUCH harder to loose weight. Ten years ago I could exercise 15 minutes more a day or skip dessert and the pounds would fall off. Now, it takes disciplined eating, daily exercise and consistent sleep to loose 1 pound per week. Only to watch the scale add it back the following week because I splurged and ate 4 homemade tamales. If you've never eaten a tamale from a craftsman (woman) in South Texas you haven't experienced Tex-Mex glory. So, what do you do when you REALLY tried all week to "be good" and the number on the scale didn't go down the way you expected?" In the past I've done the exact opposite of wisdom, I've treated myself to a decadent dessert or chips & queso. Do you feel the Tex-Mex theme? My new approach is simple. It doesn't cost a dime, isn't spooky spiritu